I have an unnatural lyrics obsession. I think being obsessed with lyrics is one of those things (like ugg boots, lipgloss, and making out in stairwells) that was only cool in high school. To those two people who voted that I should write about music, you probably didn’t know what you were getting yourself into.
Songs I used to be incredibly obsessed with (and still kind of am):
“Wondering Where the Lions Are” by Bruce Cockburn
“Greener” by Tally Hall
“Speeding Cars” by Imogen Heap
“Helicopters” by Barenaked Ladies
“Black and Gold” by Sam Sparro
“Friends O’ Mine” by Bowling for Soup
“I Will Possess Your Heart” by Death Cab for Cutie
as well as like 60% of the music made in the 90s. Sadly. I know. I have no taste. But I have fun.
Lyrics are so fantastic. I have to resist the hourly urge to post a lyrics facebook status because I am mature now (read: not in high school) and thus I should have my own thoughts or at least I should have better quotes such as those from very intellectual people.
On the topic of intellectual people: look out for a surprising mother-daughter-blog-post-extravaganza coming your way soon.
My dad said that I should write about only what I want to write about. But isn’t blogging a lot about audience? If a blogger blogs alone in a forest and no one is there to read it… then how the eff are they getting wi-fi? #clever
Speaking of readers, I’m a little giddy because my blog topped 1,000 views. Thank you everyone who reads 🙂 you guys make me cyber happy.
Anyway, current favorite songs right now are:
1. “Ray Charles” by Chiddy Bang
2. “Criminal” by Fiona Apple
3. “Freaks and Geeks” by Childish Gambino
4. “Oh My God” by Mark Ronson ft. Lily Allen
5. “The First Single” by The Format
6. “Oliver James” by Fleet Foxes
7. “Fly” by Sugar Ray (in case you were wondering where the 90s music was)
8. “Don’t Call Me Whitney, Bobby” by Islands
9. like everything by Tally Hall. Total Tally Hall phase. Look ’em up.