….having any fun.
Just kidding, ish. I got a brochure in the mail from them a while ago with their suggestions for summer. These include:
1. spend time in air conditioned places such as malls and movie theaters
2. wear their silly neck wrap thingy
3. take cold showers
4. drink a lot of water
5. do not move, exercise, or breathe too heavily
maybe that last one wasn’t real, but you get the point. If only I still had the brochure to share the full ridiculousness! Whatever, here’s my list of what I’ve been doing instead
1. I went to Charlotte, to check out my dad’s 10th anniversary gala for the MFA program he runs (pretty cool)
2. I went to the Writing Through Trauma writing workshop at Hollins University run by Dan Mueller (shoutout to Trauma Group!)
3. I hung around the house a lot
4. I went to the gym not as much as I hung around the house… but still enough
5. Went lots of other places: Providence, New Hampshire, New York City, Afton VA, the OBX, and Seattle (still a cult).
6. Okay I did follow ONE of the summer guidelines: I saw a lot of movies. Bridesmaids was GREAT, Captain America was hilariously bad, Friends with Benefits and Horrible Bosses were just hilarious, X-Men First Class was quite good, and Green Lantern was… okay cut them some slack😦 poor Ryan Reynolds. And the air conditioning was FANTASTIC
7. I started the no-carb diet! Day 4 today, and I miss cake…. but holding strong
8. I started a society6 account in a misguided attempt to make easy money!
What’s up next?
Spending some time in Gettysburg with my boyfriend next week, maybe heading down to DC for a day or two while he’s here. Then heading up to Rhode Island for a week with my family to chill🙂 Then four or five days at home before back to college. Yay! It’s been a great summer, no thanks to mean old Shared Solutions.