Tag Archives: vocal debauchery
…but hey, at least it’s not one of those obnoxious disease posts. Since I’m now home from college and away from my magical wonderful friends who steal my heart and my time (whatever time that my classes haven’t already eaten), I’ve been listening to my ipod a lot and generally being antisocial. JK I love my family. But anyway. Top 10 favorite songs right now are:
1. “California Brown and Blue” by Denison Witmer.
2. “Cherry Lips” by Garbage
3. “I’m a Goner” by Matt & Kim ft. Soulja Boy and Andrew W.K.
4. “Jesus Flag American Fish” by Cuckoo Chaos
5. “Sex and Candy” by Marcy Playground
6. ”Undertow” by Warpaint
7. ”Sunshine” by Rye Rye ft MIA
8. “The Underdog” by Spoon
9. ”I Sing I Swim” by Seabear
10. “No Intention” by Dirty Projectors
I guess another reason I’m listening to an obscene amount of music is that it is song selection time (!!) in my a cappella group. This means that we all pick two songs, email them to the group, and then everybody votes, and we do the top two songs. Very stressful. If you have any suggests for what I should propose, let me know, because I’m at a loss.
In other news, I have a doctor’s appointment (probably going to be uneventful due to the severe lack of lesions) on Wednesday and THEN (!!!!!!!) I’m getting my very first tattoo (!!!!!!!!!!!) which I am probably equal parts terrified and pumped for. I’ll post a picture if I actually go through with it. Which I will. Because I’m somehow secretly badass. Maybe.
Also, I’m switching majors (!) from neuroscience to biology (okay, not that big a deal) and considering also switching from government to english (slightly bigger deal). I guess it’s not technically “switching” since my class hasn’t gotten to declare yet (we declare in spring semester of sophomore year) but to me it feels like a switch since I already started the coursework for the majors.
Anyway, I’m gonna go bake something and talk to my lovely family because a) I’m home which means I don’t have to buy ingredients at the campus grocery store which means they don’t cost a million dollars per chocolate chip and b) I love love love my family. As my friend Kraksy would say, D’awwww….
to new medication
to large guitars, formerly known as cellos
to cell phone pitch pipes
to fake thanksgiving dinners
to good sex ed teachers
to green tea
to toast, buttered please
Since I’ve been failing lately at blogging, I thought I’d get back into it by doing something I’m VERY GOOD at: making lists. Today’s list:
Thing to Do instead of Considering the Fact that You (yes, YOU) Have a Lifelong Disease (Fun Times)
1. Eat cotton candy ice cream (for ye wes students, there’s cotton candy ice cream at usdan today!)
2. Clean your room (ha.)
3. Ponder the meaning of life
5. Paint your nails
6. Hug your roommate
7. Read the paper
8. Okay, fine, just read the Sunday Styles section of the NYT online
9. Think about why the goddamn NYT is no longer free online
11. Make to-do lists
12. Read all interesting CNN articles plus some random fashion blogs
13. Avoid your schoolwork a little more, why don’t you…
14. Call your mom
15. Check your mailbox
16. Think of something evil to do to your little brothers (watch out, hehehe)
17. Make a new playlist
18. Make your own waffles at brunch
19. Write some sketch comedy
20. And realize you need to do your copaxone injection soon, rendering the above list slightly useless…. oh well