Tag Archives: 2012
New years resolutions are something that I never do. At a party I went to for NYE 2010 we had to fill out these sheets that said:
Movies to Watch (The Da Vinci Code, Fame, Zach and Miri Make a Porno)
Talents to Pick up (Yo-yo-ing, Studying, Head-banging)
Books to Read (War and Peace, Clockwork Orange, 1984)
Places to Go (Seattle, college, OBX)
Weird Foods to Try (Cheetos, Coke, Cherry-flavored stuff)
Some of those (movies and places to go) got completed pretty much because I already knew I was going to when I filled out the sheet. Books to Read is still a failure (oops) and weird foods to try was a list of my least favorite foods (not gonna happen)*. Talents to pick up didn’t work out as well as I would have liked. The point being that I really didn’t take it seriously. OKAY, this year, I’ma try harder. 2012 resolutions:
1. Get a second tattoo (I’m thinking “live debaucherously”) (why does it say debaucherously is not a word??) (….)
2. Get an A+. Except I really don’t want to make this a resolution because I’m scared that I’ll try reaaaalllly hard and still not get my A+ and then I’ll be sad. This is a half resolution.
3. Respond to emails. Haha. But actually.
4. Read those books I said I’d read in 2010.
5. Write something that I’m actually happy with.
6. Go back home. I’m going to do a tour of former homes I think, hopefully including: Provincetown (MA), Barcelona (Spain), Charlotte (NC), and maybe even San Francisco (CA).
7. Do more crazy things. I think I was pretty crazy in high school (hello stumbling home barefoot at 3AM…) and I think I’ve kind of lost my sense of adventure in college, which completely sucks. More adventure please!
8. Run for an ADP office. Not sure which one!
9. Do ITCOO again!
10. Memorize The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock. Wait! If you haven’t read this poem, immediately stop reading my blog and click here. Come back after. Anyway, this is my all-time favorite poem and it would be nice to be able to just know it. All of it. But it’s so long. But I can do it. Gahhh…
I am not even happy with that list (hey list item #5) but it’s a start I guess? Anyway, happy new year everybody, hope your last day of 2011 is fantastic and that the world doesn’t end and all that I probably won’t blog again for a bit as I am going on vacation, but see yall in 2012!
*Cheetos are a disgusting food with terrible texture, taste, color, and powder that is left on your fingers alerting everyone that you are a cheeto-loving zombie type of person.